The HVAC system in your commercial building should be well insulated. Over time, insulation can become worn out or damaged. When that happens, it should be replaced in order for the HVAC system to continue to function as it should. Here are some signs that your insulation is damaged or worn out and needs to be replaced.
Problems You Can See
- A common problem is that insulation gets detached from where it is supposed to be. That makes it completely ineffective.
- Another common issue is holes or tears in the insulation’s backing material. That needs to be repaired as soon as possible.
- You may notice large tears in the insulation. This can indicate that it was damaged by an accident, such as an impact.
- Sometimes insulation drops or scatters pieces on the floor below it. This is a sign that the insulation needs to be replaced.
- Insulation can also become discolored. If you notice discoloration or stains on your HVAC system’s insulation, you should have it replaced.
- Moisture is a frequent problem that affects HVAC system insulation. After an overflow, water can pool or collect behind insulation. You can tell that you have a moisture problem if you see leaks, stains, or damage on the outside of the ducts.
- Mold can cause damage to insulation. If you notice signs of mold, you need to get it treated before it gets worse and begins to affect people’s health.
Problems You Can Smell or Hear
- Damaged insulation can release particles that were trapped behind it. This can cause you to suddenly notice a musty or mildew smell.
- You may also be able to hear evidence of problems with your insulation. If the insulation is damaged, you may hear whistling or creaking sounds coming from the ductwork. You should have it inspected.
Contact Preferred Hood & Duct to Have Your HVAC Insulation Inspected
If you notice any of these signs that your HVAC system’s insulation is damaged, you should have it replaced. Preferred Hood & Duct serves business owners all over Monterey. We can inspect your insulation and replace it if necessary. Contact Preferred Hood & Duct today to schedule an inspection.